The crew at Steinel’s Autowerks
Eric Steinel, Founder and Master Porsche Technician
- Began automotive career in 1973
- Joined his father, sales manager and race enthusiast, at Motorcars Porsche-Audi in 1977
- Lead endurance racing showroom stock 944\951s crew. “Throughout the 80’s, we were the team to beat,” says Eric.
- Invited by Porsche AG to factory at Zuffenhausen, Germany following their record-breaking victory with a 944 Turbo Prototype at the 24 hours of Nelson’s Ledges
- Founded Steinel’s Autowerks, a Porsche-only facility, in 1985
- Raced SCCA, driving VW GTI, scoring 3 victories in class at 24 Hours of Nelson’s Ledges from 1986-96
- Crafted national niche for restoration of pre -’74 911’s
- Collaborates in diagnostic and solution development for Boxsters
Eric spends his free time at area ice rinks supporting his daughter, an aspiring figure skater.
Brandon Cain, Master Technician
Brandon graduated from Ohio Technical College in 2007 with an Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Technology. He then followed that up in 2008 by graduating from BMW's STEP program.
Brandon recently passed and became certified in the Porsche Engine M96 course.
After four years of dealership experience in Pittsburgh, PA as a Master Technician and team leader, Brandon returned home to Ohio, accepting a job at Steinel’s Autowerks in July 2012. He excels in the diagnostics and repair of electronics and is excited about expanding his automotive knowledge to include another German engineered automobile, Porsche.
Away from work Brandon enjoys outdoor activities including jet skiing and target shooting.
Kris Brickman, ASE Certified Master Technician
Kris Brickman, a graduate of Ohio Technical College, learned the foundations of automotive repair including diagnostics, welding, and a mastery of automotive digital electronics before joining Steinel’s Autowerks in 2011.
Kris recently passed and became certified in the Porsche Engine M96 course.
His ideas and energy pump enthusiasm into our highly experienced staff while they, in turn, augment Kris' learning; challenging each to reach new plateaus of experience and knowledge. Kris relishes his chance to make use of a life-long passion for German automobile engineering.
Dylan Filko, Technician
Dylan came to Steinel’s in May of 2013 after graduating from the University of Northwestern Ohio where he completed both the Automotive and High Performance programs. Dylan’s previous experience involves the building of multiple 4-cylinder turbo engines. Dylan has taken to Porsches quite well and looks forward to increasing his knowledge here at Steinel’s Autowerks.
When outside of work Dylan enjoys outdoor activities and working on his own cars.